The Future of Mining Americas conference takes place at the Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel from October 21-22 with a strategic focused commercial and operational agenda connecting the industry across the Americas.
The key speakers on the agenda include: Bert Odinet, VP, CIO and Chief Innovation Officer, Freeport McMoRan, Gordana Slepcev, Chief Operating Officer, Anaconda Mining; Randy Weimer, Environmental Manager, Sibanye-Stillwater; Joshua Serfass, Director, Corporate Communication, Integra Resources; Lesley Warren, Director, Lassonde Institute of Mining, University of Toronto; Thomas Kirk, Senior Associate, Rocky Mountain Institute and Jon Wylie, President Global Natural Resources, Proudfoot.
With more than 250 professionals expected to be in attendance, it will cover a vast range of content spanning right across the entire mining life cycle with technology, development and sustainability at its core. The agenda focuses on areas of development and the challenges ahead as mining begins to look beyond the now and plan for the future.
Key questions the conference will seek to answer include:
- Case Study: Stillwater’s Good Neighbor Agreement—how has this taken shape and adapted to the needs of the community surrounding the Stillwater & East Boulder mine?
- How can the risk of a Tailings Storage Facility (TSF) failure be managed from the outset?
- How can miners build and integrate an effective digital strategy into their operations?
- What steps can the industry take towards breaking down barriers and being more open to real collaboration and sharing information?
- How real is the risk of falling short in the quest for new industry talent?
The conference is well supported with partnering solution providers including Komatsu, MMD, Proudfoot, Infosys, Aspentech, Isometrix, Scania, thyssenkrupp, Uptake, Amcast and VEGA.
For those who are interested in discussing new ideas, concepts and strategies; the Future of Mining is a great opportunity for those conversations and connections.
This second edition builds upon last year’s successful event in Denver with the Future of Mining conference series now having a foothold around the globe with the Future of Mining Australia (third edition taking place in Sydney March 23-24, 2020) and the recent successful launch of the Future of Mining EMEA (September 4-5) in London.
For more information on the Denver show visit https://americas.future-of-mining.com/