The Ellipse 2 Micro Series from SBG Systems is a new product range reducing size and cost of high performance inertial sensors for volume projects. The Ellipse 2 Micro Series is available as an inertial measurement unit (IMU), or as an Attitude & Heading Reference System (AHRS) or inertial navigation system (INS) running an Extended Kalman Filter.
“With the Ellipse 2 Micro Series, integrators benefit from SBG Systems’ high expertise in motion sensing and positioning in the smallest package,” said Alexis Guinamard, CTO of SBG Systems.
It is designed to provide high accuracy for volume projects with benefits that include:
• Industrial Grade – comes with a 2-year warranty
• Cost-effective – designed for volume projects
• High Quality IMU – calibrated in Dynamics and Temperature
• High Performance – 0.1° Roll and Pitch (AHRS & INS models)
• Lightweight – 10 grams
• 5 centimeter Real-time Heave (AHRS & INS models)
• Connection to external GNSS and Odometer (INS model)
Available in three models to best fit users’ project requirements:
• Ellipse 2 Micro IMU is an Inertial Measurement Unit. It embeds 3 gyroscopes, 3 accelerometers,3 magnetometers and a temperature sensor.
• Ellipse 2 Micro AHRS additionally runs an Extended Kalman Filter to provide Roll, Pitch, Heading, and Heave.
• Ellipse 2 Micro INS additionally connects to a GNSS receiver and an odometer for navigation.
Applications for the Ellipse 2 Micro Series include marine, land and aerospace.
Marine: The only Micro sensor to provide a 5 centimeter Heave, automatically adjusted to the wave period; Fusion with GNSS receiver for a robust position and heave in all conditions. Land: Fusion with GNSS receiver and Odometer for a robust position in all conditions (forest, tunnel, urban canyons, etc.); Specific motion algorithms dedicated to land vehicle; CAN Protocol. Aerospace: Calibrated from -40 to +85°C for a constant behavior in all environment; High Resistance to shock and vibrations (< 2 000g ); Fusion with GNSS receiver for a high accuracy position and heading.