USGIF and its Small Sats Working Group are collaborating to host a two-day workshop on Feb. 19-20 at NGA Campus East, Allder Auditorium in Springfield, Virginia.
The workshop features an unclassified and classified day with networking, exhibits, demos, panels and keynotes, states the United States Geospatial Intelligence Foundation (USGIF).
Tuesday, Feb. 19, is an unclassified day packed with keynotes, panels, industry flash talks, networking, and exhibits.
The first day’s agenda includes a Welcome from Steve Oswald, Interim CEO, USGIF, and a panel: Commercial Small Sat Launch Innovation.
The panelists include:
- Moderator: Tim Deaver, Head of U.S. Space Programs, Airbus Defense and Space
- Dan Burkett, Director of Strategy and Business Development, VOX Space
- Stella Guillen, Vice President, Sales and Marketing, Arianespace
- Greg Orndorff, Vice President, Government Services, Vector
Another panel: Commercial Small Sat Innovation, features:
- Moderator: Dr. Peter Wegner, Chief Strategy Officer, Spaceflight Industries
- Payam Banazadeh, CEO, Capella Space
- Shayn Hawthorne, Senior Manager, Amazon Web Services
The final panel on Tuesday: Government Decision Making, Product vs. Pixels, includes:
- Moderator: Jack O’Connor, Director, Geospatial Intelligence Program, Johns Hopkins University
- Frank Avila, Director, Office of Commercial GEONT Discovery and Assessments, NGA
- John DeLay, Chief Strategy Officer, Harris Corporation
- Dr. Joe Evans, Program Manager, Strategic Technology Office, DARPA
- George Percivall, CTO and Chief Engineer, Open Geospatial Consortium
On Wednesday, Feb. 20, the workshop shifts to a classified session featuring a keynote, updates from NGA and NRO, networking, and industry exhibits. This day requires a TS/SCI REL FVEY clearance.
You can VIEW AGENDA for Wednesday online here.